Old June 30th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon Leon is offline

Default Home made PCB?

On 30 Jun, 21:45, "numeric" wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

I don't have any problems making PCBs at home for 0.5 mm lead spacing
QFPs, or soldering them. by hand (drag soldering).

Leon

Thanks for the reply. I have though about using a laser printer to print a
negative image on clear Mylar. Then expose a photo sensitive PCB to the
negative image. The laser printer does print very sharp lines as visible
using a 10X loop. The quality should be good enough for fine pitch. The
etching process however may end up in disaster with fine pitch lines.
How do you make the PCB?

I use an inkjet printer and JetStar Premium film for the positive
artwork. UV exposure on Fotoboard 2 with pre-coated resist and etching
in ferric chloride.

Leon