Old July 1st 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Loop antenna success story

wrote:
JS,
I may be misreading your post, excuse me if I am. But, how are arcing
power transformers a part of a fireman's job, other than putting out
any resulting fire? They certainly can't, and shouldn't try to repair
them. And I don't know how they could turn one 'off', do you?
Referring any complaints to the power company responsible for that
arcing transformer is about all they can do. Expecting the Fire
Department to 'fix' it is a little unreasonable.
- 'Doc

Ever owned a commercial building? Ever have the local FD do their
annual inspection on it? Ever see a building closed to access because
the FD has found it to be a fire hazard and has ordered
corrections/demolition?

Whose responsibility do you think fire hazards with the potential to do
major property damage to citizens and/or homes/businesses is?

You ever seen one of those xfrmrs explode releasing the oil inside?
Gallons of burning oil begin released in a hurry is not only a serious
danger to structures, it would do serious damage to pedestrians, etc.

Would you report it to the police? (well, possibly, but who do you think
they would call?) The dog catcher? The coroner? The mayor? A high
school principal? The local boy scout master? Well maybe, but here in
California, I am pretty sure the responsibility would lie with the FD ...

You are joking with such a question, right?

Regards,
JS