Old July 1st 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gb[_2_] gb[_2_] is offline

Default Power supply

wrote in message
I have a 12volt home made power supply similar to Astron models. I was
told it could handle 30A. The pass transistors are missing and I have
some 50 amp NPN darlington transistors on hand I was considering using
for replacements. Can you think of any reason these could/should not
be used.

Good web page for your overall education and repair.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...ron-index.html

Regulated Linear Power Supply Construction, or What's inside your AstronT?
by David Metz WAĜAUQ

"Power Supply Analysis"
This is a PDF of an article from the December 2005 QST