Old July 1st 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
SamSvL SamSvL is offline

Default Home made PCB?

"numeric" wrote in
news

"Leon" wrote in message
.
..
I don't have any problems making PCBs at home for 0.5 mm lead spacing
QFPs, or soldering them. by hand (drag soldering).

Leon

Thanks for the reply. I have though about using a laser printer to
print a negative image on clear Mylar. Then expose a photo sensitive
PCB to the negative image. The laser printer does print very sharp
lines as visible using a 10X loop. The quality should be good enough
for fine pitch. The etching process however may end up in disaster
with fine pitch lines. How do you make the PCB?

That's what I do. Then I transfer the layout to fotoboard2 by exposing
to my sunray for 5 minutes, and etch with sodium persulfate. Perfect
results. And soldering 0603 by hand is really no problem.

Sam