Old July 1st 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] cybrinjn@gmail.com is offline

Default Loop antenna success story

On Jul 1, 2:05*am, John Smith wrote:
wrote:
JS,
I may be misreading your post, excuse me if I am. *But, how are arcing
power transformers a part of a fireman's job, other than putting out
any resulting fire? *They certainly can't, and shouldn't try to repair
them. *And I don't know how they could turn one 'off', do you?
Referring any complaints to the power company responsible for that
arcing transformer is about all they can do. *Expecting the Fire
Department to 'fix' it is a little unreasonable.
*- 'Doc

FD "fix" the xfrmr? *(well, in a round-about-way, YES! *EXACTLY!)

Again, you are joking right?

Logic dictates they would call the power company whose
property/responsibility the xfrmr is and tell them it is SERIOUS fire
hazard which they cannot ignore ... and that would carry a LOT MORE
WEIGHT than "joe blow amateur" saying he had noise on his receiver.

But then, you already knew that ... silly!

Regards,
JS

Amen to that! I have seen a fire marshal shut down a nightclub
when even the police couldn't. A fire marshal can shut down the
IRS!