Old July 1st 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon Leon is offline

Default Home made PCB?

On 1 Jul, 17:52, K7ITM wrote:
On Jul 1, 3:02 am, Leon wrote:

On 1 Jul, 00:30, K7ITM wrote: On Jun 30, 10:12 am, "numeric" wrote:

. *Thanks to Leon for

posting a reference to another film material to try. *I've had the
best luck using an Epson inkjet printer: *my HP printer doesn't do as
well,

The ordinary JetStar film is suitable for dye-based ink like that used
in Epson printers. Premium Jetstar is intended for use with pigment-
based inks used with HP printers. They are available from Mega
Electronics and Farnell.

Leon

These seem to be UK suppliers. *So far, my Google searching hasn't
turned up a source in the US for the JetStar films, though I am
intrigued by the product lines that Valley Litho carry. *There's been
something of a revolution in how printing is done: *professional laser
printers are used for short runs, offset plates are made in various
ways much more directly from computer-generated copy, and laser and
inkjet printers are used to make positive and negative
transparencies. *Valley carries several items that claim to produce
dense, clean copy for exposing plates or screen film, and that should
be fine for PCB work too. *I'll probably call them to get
recommendations, since a hundred sheets of transparency film is a bit
pricey to buy to just try out.

Cheers,
Tom

Silkjet film seems to be similar and is available in the US. They even
make two types for dye and pigment inks, like Mega do. It might be the
same stuff, renamed for a different market.

Leon