Old July 2nd 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default Loop antenna success story

In
wrote:

I may be misreading your post, excuse me if I am. But, how are arcing
power transformers a part of a fireman's job, other than putting out
any resulting fire?

I think the expectation is that the fire department would be sensitive
to something that has an obvious potential for starting a fire.

Fire departments also know who to talk to at the power company to get
things turned off during fire emergencies, who might either be the same
people who would actually care about an arcing transformer or would know
who would.

Lastly, fire departments are local and easier to deal with than the FCC.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN