Old July 3rd 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default OT) Who Owns America's Wealth?

Billy Burpelson wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I've a degree in finance, and I majored in investments and securities.

Fair enough...

...but then with all that financial knowledge you have, please tell us
how you still managed to get burned by Huntington.

Well, when the guy says he's putting one into 'Class C' shares of a particular
mutual fund and turns around and puts the money into 'Class A' shares and you
don't find out about it for several weeks due to waiting for a pin number and an
access code to view the account, that's how one gets burned.

One can have all the knowledge in the world, but if someone sets out to screw
you over, well, &%$# happens!

The account was sold, a complaint was filed, no joy. A mediation was requested,
no joy. Required paperwork has been filed (might as well be a lawyer to do
that!) and merely waiting for a date to be set for the arbitration.

What fun!

According to a few other financial outfits who indicated that they'd have merely
switched the class of shares around, no harm no foul, the clowns at Huntington
want to argue about it.

Huntington even kicked me out of the bank! Told me I even had to remove all
accounts, including CD's. I then informed them that the CD's were contractual
agreements.. took them a bit to acknowledge that. (cause they're stupid).

At any rate, the guy burned me for $800-1000. But, they'd rather cut off their
noses to spite their faces because after all funds get removed they'll wind up
losing $2000 to $3000 a year (forever and ever).

But as you may know, the corporate types at times are loathe to admit mistakes
and or wrong doing.