Old July 2nd 03, 09:41 PM
Micro-Flight

Default VOX switch

How about programming a PIC. Can't get a lower parts count than that!

"Andrew" wrote in message
I am hoping that someone could help in finding voice activation switch IC.

I did find one or two very old references to a Motorola MC2830P, but have

feeling that it is discontinued as I was unable to find any information on
the Motorola site.

I have found a few circuits on the web, but was hoping someone here might
have used something that they would recommend. Something with a low
parts count, and might work with an inexpensive computer microphone or
a headset microphone meant for hands free telephone conversations.

It only needs to be momentary on. Some sort of gain adjustment or
background filtering would be valuable.

any leads?

thanks
andy