Old July 5th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Pridnestrovie - Voice of Russia

Frank Halaburak wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Frank Halaburak wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

On Jul 3, 10:41 am, dxAce wrote:
This will be my 223rd NASWA country QSL'd (veried, for those in
Glendale).

A happy day!

Nice work Ace = congratulations. You and your Drake's are making a
fine team - very well done!

Whew! 223 countries = hard to beat that.

Oh, it's been beat for certain, there are folks out there who have
240 +
countries using the NASWA list.

I'm a mere piker. Wish I'd stuck with the hobby through the 70's, but
was busy
doing other things at the time. I got back into it around 1982 or so.

Ace, Congrats on the new country ! I only have about 60 countries
QSL'd
(veried, for those in Glendale) LOL couldn't resist mentioning that.
Ace,
did
you happen to attend the ANARC convention in Montreal 1982 ? we
probably
met,talked with alot of DX'ers from all over that weekend , Frank

I didn't go to the one in Montreal in '82 but did attend one there some
years
later. I think the first one I attended was Milwaukee in '85?

I went to ANARCON in Montreal in '86. I just dug out my packet of the
handouts.

I don't remember that one, that's the year that I met my future wife and
kind of

dropped out of SWL'ing. Was it held at the Radio Canada building ?

It was at the Holiday Inn - Place Dupuis. We did visit Radio Canada.