Old July 5th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael[_6_] Michael[_6_] is offline

Default Why does the Lazy H antenna suck in the real world on 11 meters?

On Jul 5, 1:16 pm, wrote:
On Jul 5, 11:42 am, Michael wrote:

I also make sure there is no twist in the ladder line
connecting the top and bottom elements.

I'd have to look at a diagram of the lazy H, but I think that
is your problem. The elements need to be transposed.
Which means you want a 1/2 twist in the connecting
ladder line. IE: the bottom left should connect to the
top right, and visa versa.

As I understand it you only twist the interconnecting ladder line if
you are feeding the Lazy H antenna at the bottom (end fire), but if
you are feeding it in the middle of the interconnecting 450 ladder
line then you leave out the twist. At least that's what I'm gathering
from the pictures I have found.

One correction. I have a Dentron MT-3000a antenna tuners with a 4:1
balun and not the MT-2000.