Old July 6th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Why does the Lazy H antenna suck in the real world on 11 meters?

On Jul 6, 1:16 am, wrote:

Ya know what, I guess he is running as a broadside
array after all.. I was thinking he had the elements
horizontal, but after rereading the first post, he does
have them stacked.
And if they were in phase, that should be a broadside
array.
Sooo... I finally decided to check it in the program using
two 1/2 wave elements for 10m, with the lower element
at 1/2 wave up, "16 ft", and the upper one at appx 5/8 wave
higher. "37 ft"
Using the single lower element alone, I got 2.08 dbi.
Using both in phase, I got 6.8 dbi.. So, it should work
as planned.. Not sure what the problem would be though,
unless you have coupling problems with other metal in
the area, etc..