Old July 6th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael[_6_] Michael[_6_] is offline

Default Has anyone here actually built a Lazy H for 10 meters?

Has anyone here actually built a Lazy H for 10 meters that worked?
In my previous post there was alot of references to published material
on the Internet as well as alot of people using computer modeling
software to check out the antenna. I've already done all that, but
when I actually tried to build the antenna on 10 meters it did not
work. It's performance was awful. When I try to tune it up on the
antenna tuner (Dentron MT-3000a) the antenna adjustment on my tuner is
almost all the way over to the right, and the transmitter adjustment
was tweaked a little over to the right as well. I decided to try a
different antenna tuner, so I hooked up my Drake MN-75 antenna tuner
with the 4:1 balun installed and was once again I had to just about
max out one of the variable capacitors to bring the SWR down. Once
the SWR was down the receive was still way behind the Solarcon
Max-2000 and the 10 meter horizontal dipole.
Has anyone actually built one of these and made it work well on 10
meters? If so how did you feed it/match it?

Michael