Old July 6th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default IBiquity * Where¹s the ³HD²in³HD² radio?

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

Rfburns wrote:
Been listening to a little AM Broadcast Band ³HD² radio and still
trying to figure out how iBiquity can tout it as CD quality.
Considering the fact that it takes about 40 kHz bandwidth to broadcast
all kinds of strange digital noises, odd warbling audio, dropouts and
interference issues, false ³HD² detection and switching problems. No
CD system that I¹ve heard sounds like that - even real cheap $15 ones.

I think that if manufacturers made better radios and broadcasters
would widen their AM signals you could achieve better and more
consistent quality with less bother. There¹s just no reason to buy
one if you ask me.

What I find particularly amusing is stations transmitting infomercials
in iBiquity ³HD² quality. Now that¹s a real swell use of
spectrum.
The dubious claim is that HD makes FM sound like CD and AM sound like
FM. They both sound like XM on a bad day.
Do you have any idea what you sound like? A whack job and that's on a
good day.

Whack job? Who talks like that.

You. You whack job.

You have social issues.