Old July 7th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC : FM HD-Radio -The Answer Is - The 4% Solution

On Jul 6, 5:38*pm, The Traveller wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 12:23:22 -0700, "David Eduardo"

wrote:

"Rfburns" wrote in message
But the part I love the most about "HD"radio is when your listening to
a non-hd station the radio switches to "HD" mode and goes silent. *Now
that's a cool strategy.

On at least a dozen different HD receivers, I have never had this happen..
Nor, until now in your message, have I ever heard of it happening.

I have a SONY XDR-S3HD and I live more than 20 miles+ from the nearest
AM transmitter. I can attest to the fact that the AM & FM HD
programming drops in & out on a regular basis even if the signal
strength bar graph shows a very strong signal! This is really annoying
(how strong does strong need to be?)

Worse yet, on FM, I even installed an amplified antenna to try to
improve the system as the signal was never strong enough (flashing HD
icon indicates the presence of an HD signal but reception is in analog
as it's too weak (sigh)). With the amplified antenna, HD locks on more
channels but STILL shows the flashing HD icon on many others! The
signal strength bar graph shows full strength!

My HD TV is via cable. As a FYI, I live in Carlsbad CA, which is 35
miles north of San Diego and 100 miles south of LA.

______________________

The Traveller
Carlsbad, California

Living-and-Listening Beyond-the-Pale {The 10 MV/M Contour}
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...dcdfa185e0923c

FM HD-Radio -The Answer Is - The 4% Solution
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...07beb97dcb233a

I Ask Myself : What IBOC ?
All I See Is The Blinking Blue Light ! ~ RHF
In That Distant Land* Where IBOC Fears To Go :
Life Exists and Radio Listeners Live Beyond the 10mv/m Contour.
* Twain Harte, CA -USA-