Old July 7th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rfburns Rfburns is offline

Default IBiquity – Where’s the “HD” in “HD” radio?

On Jul 6, 11:36 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Rfburns" wrote in message

.

Eduardo - I'd invite you over to my palce to hear some of these things
but you scare me.

Bring it to my office and we can compare it with several of them there, and
our engineering staff can look at the one you have too.

Eduardo - with all due respect to you (which isn't much) what I say is
happening on the Sony is happening.

With the radio tuned to a non HD AM station, adjacent AM HD stations
cause the receiver to switch to HD which results in the receive audio
to shut off for several seconds. This occurs regularly on AM.

There is so much bad stuff about iBiquity HD in it's current state
that it's hard to know where to start, aside from the fact that the
Sony is a clunky piece of technology.

You can argue all night about whose fault it is - iBiquity or the
manufacturers but the consumer doesn't care. All they know is that
they don't want it and rightly so.