Old July 7th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] tclay@qmc.ph.msstate.edu is offline

Default Why does the Lazy H antenna suck in the real world on 11 meters?

The bottom element is at least 1/2 wave of the ground, and the top
element is 5/8ths wave above that. What did I do wrong?

I suspect with your long feedline length (200 ft you said?), and the
probably very high SWR on the feedline, you have significant feedline loss.

Also, are the elements really horizontal? Or are they closer to inverted V's?

Tor
N4OGW