Old July 7th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] plimmer@telkomsa.net is offline

Default Kenwood R-5000

On Jul 7, 6:13*pm, RHF wrote:
On Jul 6, 9:11*pm, 3D wrote:
-
- Excellent Kenwood R-5000 for sale he
-http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140247320874
-
-http://cgi.ebay.com/KENWOOD-R-5000-Receiver-LOADED-NO-RESERVE_W0QQite...
-
- 3D
- Too many radios

The Kenwood R-5000 Receiver Owners & User's Group
KENWOOD R-5000 RECEIVER =http://tinyurl.com/2o4z8k
Is your place on the WEB to use as a "Resource" for
General and Technical Information about the Kenwood
R-5000 Receiver and to Identifying Common Problems
and Simple Practical Solutions.http://tinyurl.com/2o4z8k
Shortwave Radio Listening Antennas "The Other" 55.5% of SWLing
SWL ANTENNA =http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
- = 2O4Z8K = -
*.
some say - i would if i could . . .
-while- i simply say 'kenwood' ~ RHF
*.

Had an R5000 for a couple of years - great audio = the best I've ever
experienced in a radio. But awful filters, even after I spent
megabucks on their top end filters. But I sold it because the keypads
kept going (bounce) and after the first expensive replacement Kenwood
no longer had spares, so I sold it on to a fella that wasn't too
worried about the problem.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx