Old July 7th 08, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
erich angell erich angell is offline

Default Identity of ancient(?) radio.

Okay I haven't a clue as to how old this actually is, nor who built it.

What I do know:

Six tubes ... all radiotron (rca) "UV-199" s. came with 7 discharged
Ray-O-Vac (French Battery Company, Madison Wisc.) three 1.5 volt "A" in
series and four combo "B" and "C" supplying 45 AND 90 Volts.. C voltage
unknown.(these are Ray-O-Vac 5151 batteries with 5 binding posts each.
Hishest Marked output is 22 volt.

A *single* tuning capacitor driven by an "Apex" vernier drive, two LARGE
wirewound rheostats labeled "PACENT" as near as I can read them.

Three "Dubilier RF (interstage) transformers. A "Dubilier 'Bypass Cap""
Two "Thordarson 'clarifying' transformers" for audio interstage.

A glass tubed resister "The Pudlin fixed Grid Leak ... megohm -4.

that sits in spring clips atop an unlabeled widget (rf capacitor for a
guess)

No Labeling anyplace that I can see this is a strictly breadboard affair
but seems to have been very well done.

Attached Thumbnails
Identity of ancient(?) radio.-502.jpg  Identity of ancient(?) radio.-503.jpg