Old July 8th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rfburns Rfburns is offline

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

On Jul 7, 1:24 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Rfburns" wrote in message

On Jul 6, 11:36 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Rfburns" wrote in message

.

Eduardo - I'd invite you over to my palce to hear some of these things
but you scare me.

Bring it to my office and we can compare it with several of them there,
and
our engineering staff can look at the one you have too.

Eduardo - with all due respect to you (which isn't much) what I say is
happening on the Sony is happening.

Then your radio is defective. If many such radios work fine, and one does
not, it is the radio.

With the radio tuned to a non HD AM station, adjacent AM HD stations
cause the receiver to switch to HD which results in the receive audio
to shut off for several seconds. This occurs regularly on AM.

That sounds like you are listening for adjacent or next adjacent AMs with an
HD AM in its primary coverage area near you. The DX listening is not
protected legally, so this is not a defect.

You can argue all night about whose fault it is - iBiquity or the
manufacturers but the consumer doesn't care. All they know is that
they don't want it and rightly so.

As far as AM HD, what the consumers don't want is AM. No amount of
technology can fix the AM band and its old-fart image among most anyone
under about 45. This is why AM listening is declining so fast, and the only
remaining listeners soon will be over 55, a group nearly no agency ad
account wants.

Eduardo - You have a view of life that is distorted by your greed.
You, and people like you, are part of the problem. Your arguments are
both bogus and biased and always self-serving. This is easily detected
by your "old-fart" comment as well as others you have made.

There a millions of analog receivers that work perfectly and all but a
few deluded insiders, like yourself, are perfectly happy with the
performance of analog radio. There are hundreds of local AM stations
that serve their areas well and they are still in business and
hopefully will be for a long time.

But your type, which is controlled by greed and convinced of their
superiority, both technical and intellectual, would put them out of
business in a second if you could. You are pathetic.