Old July 3rd 03, 11:38 PM
John Bartley K7AAY

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:36:55 -0700, "Chuck / KE4ETH"
wrote:

It's a sad thing.

My local Radio Shack is run by a fellow that stocks parts. Not the RS brand,
but Ohmite and others. We have a college in that town and an electrical
engineering department, so I guess that one doesn't count. A company store,
45 miles away, has an upright cabinet with drawer with resistors, ICs, Caps
and other parts. Not a good selection, but some. Another store 35 miles away
has the same kinda drawers with the same kinda items.

Franchise stores have a great degree of flexibility; the Shack in Lincoln
City, OR, not only stocks componets well, but also has S&W revolvers.

http://www.bizcenter.org/ClientStories/radioshack.pdf
http://www.valuecom.com/acclaim/Oreg...uperstore.html

Company stores, on the other hand, are often hopeless.

So sayeth a former two-store Shack manager.

snip
--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.