Old July 8th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
Rfburns wrote:

There a millions of analog receivers that work perfectly and all but a
few deluded insiders, like yourself, are perfectly happy with the
performance of analog radio. There are hundreds of local AM stations
that serve their areas well and they are still in business and
hopefully will be for a long time.

But your type, which is controlled by greed and convinced of their
superiority, both technical and intellectual, would put them out of
business in a second if you could. You are pathetic.

He acts like a stereotypical jew
selfish inconsiderate egotistical

First, I am not Jewish, although I see nothing wrong with being a Jew.

Second, I am being realistic. There is no empirical evidence that any
significant listening to first or second adjacent AM channels inside the
contours of a local station. And AM listening is, and has been pre-HD,
declining fast. Markets like Houston have less than 10% AM listening, and
nearly all is over 55.

The fact is that there is nearly no listening to AM by people under 45,
because there are two generations of Americans who have never had a use for
AM. Same is true in many other nations of the world.

In any case, the analog AM broadcasts are not going away... HD is probably
too little and too late to save AM, but it does not really negatively affect
any real listening.