Old July 8th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Anonymous[_6_] Anonymous[_6_] is offline

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

Jamming other stations with fat sloppy digital sidebands is indeed
'taking away' those other stations.

These "other stations" that you mention being taken away are not
stations that were ever protected in your area.

These stations were never meant to service your area. Radio signals go
on virtuallity till infinity. We have not protected stations to
infinity.

It's a cost vs. reward scenario. There are a few DX-ers who might not
be happy....but many more reap the benefits of HD radio.

Some of don't live in cities. We are involuntary DXers.

Where is this that you don't have any local radio service?

Again...it may disurb a few DX-ers...but brings much funtionality and
potential to the state of broadcasting.

A few whiners...but the majority get better radio.