Old July 8th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on
Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:48:20 -0500, Dave wrote: Begin

There was a time when Pacifica ran NPR stuff, and they used the same CPB
satellite.

I do seem to remember those days, but I wouldn't know anymore,
since there's an international jammer XLNC operating out of Tijuana MX
that has deliberately obstructed my reception of Pacifica KPFK.

KPFK, as I have mentioned before, is only protected, nationally and
internationally, to the theoretical contour of a conforming (50 kw at 500
feet) Class B FM in LA.

KPFK has no protected coverage in San Diego County. XHLNC (All Mexican
independent FMs start with XH and may have on to 4 more letters) is a legal
operation approved by the Comisión Mixta of the US and Mexican delegates and
it fully conforms to US technical requirements.