Old November 12th 03, 03:05 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

Would anyone care to comment before I post the measurement results? And,
Yuri, please correct me if I've misinterpreted your theory.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

It is not my theory. My argument with W8JI and his followers: is the current in
typical loading coil in quarter wave radiator same at both ends or does it drop
with distance from the feedpoint. I have made temperature observations, W9UCW
measured the difference, W5DXP provided some explanation. Based on Cecils
analysis of data you provided, and on my understanding of the phenomena I
guestimated drop in current in your setup. No theory, no mathematical procedure
(yet) just attempt (using degrees replaced by coil in a radiator) at
explanation of what is happening. I will measure things myself, try to verify
previous measurements and then come up with conclusions and "theory". So far
Cecils (and ON4UN book) theory seems to be closest to the truth.

As far as your measurements, it appears that you are trying to use the worse
case extreme situation (feed point, toroid) to prove your case. Why don't you
use thermo ammeters or current probe without leads and normal coil and do it on
typical mobile whip antenna.
Here is the info on homebrew current probe:
http://www.isd.net/~lyle/currprob/currprob.htm

I am going to build one too, it is handy to check the current while sliding
along the radiator, which easier than inserting ammeter.

I posted my 7 points, so far not one argument against, had few agreements.

What's this guessing game anyway? Why don't you try to prove that W9UCW
measurements are off the rocker?

Yuri, K3BU