Old July 9th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Part three of many

On Jul 9, 12:55 am, "Clark Kent" wrote:
"Art Unwin" wrote in message

[text deleted]

Art Unwin
unwinantennas.com/

I went to your website but I didn't see any specific antenna information,
like a ham might want to build a new type of antenna, to try it out.

I saw a write-up of an H-F antenna with elements wound into a spiral and
wondered if that might be yours, as you speak of physically small antennas
(fraction of an expected resonant size).

Pls advise in group. TNX.

A helix is an excellent example to talk about to arrive at small full
wave antennas.
When you follow the reasoning of the extension to Gaussian law of
statics which makes
it dynamic it brings to the surface that a radiator can be any size or
shape as long as it is in equilibrium.
So to meet the intent of both laws which are now the same, we must not
impose any lumped circuits
while making our antenna. Now a helix is a fractional wave antenna
with added capacitive and inductive
lumped loads, thus to follow the intent of Maxwell's law we must first
extend the antenna to a full wave form
while at the same time cancelling the added lumped loads. So if we
start with a half wave helix in standard form we have to
continue the element in a down ward direction where we then reach the
starting point. Doing this first completes the circuit to a full wave
and secondly it cancels the pre imposed capacitive and inductive
lumped load that are inherrent with a standard helix antenna PLUS we
have removed the need for a ground plane as the completed antenna is
now a full instead of fractional circuit. Now instead of winding with
a helix angle of some ten degrees plus we can now
push the windings close together and then tip the new antenna to a 10
degree plus angle to put the whole thing in equilibrium by replacing
the angular force represented by the form pitch that we removed by
losing the pitch of the winding. Actually this works out quite well as
you can now laquer the assembly where it has no voids and is quite
strong.
By the way my antennas are always of a full wavelength which by virtue
of its reduced volume then becomes a small FULL wave antennas to
retain the inherrent efficiencies of full wave antennas in equilibrium
as well as resonant.
Allow me to continu on this line of thinking. It should now be seen
that an array is also shrunken not only by the shortened elements but
also by the fact that element spacings conform to the equilibrium of
the array as a whole! We then have an array that does not have to have
elements at certain distance from each other ad infirnitum but just
two elements much closer together where all radiation is accounted
for!
Hope the above helps you out but I do expect howls of resistance from
others as they wish to protect the notion that "all is known about
antennas" thus this posting is sacrelidge and must be negated at all
costs. And some others ofcourse will vehemently reject the notion of
the WEAK force being revealed by a ham where Einstein could no so for
me the end of the World is aproaching or at the least the magnetic
pole of our Earth has started a full rotation!
Cheers and beers
Art Unwin KB9MZ....xg
unwinantennas.com/