Old July 9th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Fry Richard Fry is offline

Default ART - Your Many Posts

"Art Unwin" wrote:
I have enougth on my hands explaining antennas in equilibrium and you
want me to change course in the middle and switch to what. you want
to talk about!

__________________

First things first, Arthur.

Why do you persist in posting and defending your unproven and zany beliefs
about equilibrium, particles etc that you suggest apply to your "Unwin"
antenna, if you don't even know how the free-space radiation envelope from
your Unwin antenna compares to that of a proven reference radiator, for a
given applied power?

The RADIATION performance of a transmit antenna should be considered before
everything else. Even a 1:1 SWR at the "antenna" input terminals over an
infinite bandwidth means ~nothing if very little to none of the r-f power
applied there is radiated in the form of an EM wave.

Why should any serious investigator be interested in reading about how you
think your Unwin antenna operates, if you can't *first* evaluate, publish,
and scientifically defend its free space radiation characteristics as
compared to a known standard radiator, such as that of a resonant,
center-fed, 1/2-wave dipole?

RF