Old July 6th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Usenet User Usenet User is offline

Default Uniden BC-396T mutes on encryption?

I would avoid the 396 and go with the GRE PSR-500. Far superior at
handling interference and adjacent channel rejection. I had Uniden and
then went with GRE 500 and 600. There is no comparison. I was missing so
much with the Uniden.

But if you are going to get one anyway, the Uniden lets a burst of the
encrypted transmission come through before muting it. The GREs will not
mute the encrypted at all.

wrote:
I am planning to buy an BC-396T, Help on this question!

http://www.usenet.com