Old July 11th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rrrado Rn Rrrado Rn is offline

Default IBiquity - Where's the "HD" in "HD" radio?

Making my point...You're taking the argument to absurdity and then
claiming no real value. No ****.

That's what happens when you take your argument to it's (il)logical
conclusion!

IBOC, however, introduces interference. Not just for co and adjacent
channels, but for second and sometimes third adjacents. Interference for
stations in other markets. To the degree that a station may interfere
with local listening in another market.

Who decides what contours are for "local listening"? The FCC does.

They have not found this to be a problem.

An example is Salem Communications WIND. They turned off their IBOC
because it was interfering with local listening in Milwaukee of their own
facility there. So there's no misunderstanding, let me be clear...Salem
turned off their IBOC because their IBOC sidebands from the Chicago
station were interfering with Milwaukee listeners' ability to enjoy
Salem's Milwaukee station.

Again, what is local? 5 miles? 10? 25? 75? 175?

That's not a DX ing experience.

If it's outside of the city-grade contour, then it's DX...maybe not
skip...but still DX (distance)

At my own location, I have had trouble for the past two years listening
to WLS, a LOCAL station, because of IBOC sideband interference from an out
of market station.

No DXing, there, either.

What is your zip code....and what station interferes with WLS?

The industry says, tough ****. Too few listeners to worry about.

Just like the listeners that would ask stations to turn off their stereo
generators...becuuse it made it hard for them to pick up.

For an industry licensed to serve the public interest as a public
trustee, that's a direct abrogation of its responsibilities.

They serve the masses...not individuals.

BROADcasting....not individualcasting.

An arrogance that's not been earned.

Nor by listeners who believe "it's all about me".