Old July 6th 03, 10:22 PM
DOUGLAS SNOWDEN

That seems to answer my question - not a problem.

Doug
N4IJ

"Andrew R Mitz" wrote in message

I get interference from a hub in the basement near the rig. Most noise
is on 20 meters. The problem is especially bad if there is an
unterminated wire connected to the hub.

Jim, N2VX ) wrote:
: On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:28:36 -0400, "DOUGLAS SNOWDEN"
: wrote:
:
: Just curious, have any of you had trouble with your neighbors that have

had
: their homes wired with CAT5 cable? Does it want to act like an antenna

and
: cause intereference (to them and you) ???
:
: Doug N4IJ
:
:
: Ours generates noise on HF. I have a vertical antenna about 15 feet
: from the house and that doesn't help. We didn't have problems with
: the old-style coax cable ethernet. I'll switch to shielded cat-5
: cable in the near future.
:
: 73,
: Jim