Old July 14th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default ny area hidef antennas?

hi

i was just wondering once nyc hits the deadline to switch
broadcasting to digital if the channals we use now

2-13vhf would continue specifically would other channals in
that range be avail like say ch6

or will it just be say one or more digital channals stuffed into
the same space now occupied by ch2 for example depending on how cbs
wants to do it

also here uhf 14- had really only a few channels that were
broadcasting should we expect many new channels to be
broadcating in that range or just mostly same

wondering if were going to see a shift of the primary channels
here being more 14- vs the current heavy use of 2-13

reason being most have antennas that are really for 2-13 and
alot are wondering if the uhf is going to be hot they will obv
need to add new antennas

thanks