Old July 14th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default On-the-Radio : The Picken's Plan - How We Can Reduce Our Dependenceon Foreign Oil ?

Brenda Ann wrote:

The other concern is the losses in the grid distribution. We use oil
based fuels to generate electricity at a conversion loss...

True...no one has repealed the laws of thermodynamics. But please realize
that *nothing* is lossless.

In the grand scheme, this is not true. The law of conservation of mass and
energy states that there is no loss in the conversion process.

'Lost to the process we desired' or 'Inadvertently misdirected' would
mean the same thing that BB meant.

mike (and entropy continues to increase) II

--
Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, this filter
blocks all postings from Gmail, Google Mail and Google Groups.

http://improve-usenet.org/