Old July 14th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] yotamk@gmail.com is offline

Default How can I tell if mine works?

Hi experts,

I was able to buy a Drake R7A in the market near by.
I don’t have any knowledge about this (I don’t have any understating
in Radio).
I simply bought it because I assumed it might be worth more than I
paid.

Anyway, when connecting it to power I see the display (I guess it’s a
good indication…).

How can I tell if it really works? Do I need to hear some noise?
Anything else I can do to check that it is working?

I would appreciate any tip you can give me.
I might try to sell it later on when I better understand the condition
of the unit I have.

Thank you!