Old July 15th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA Pete KE9OA is offline

Default OT) The Iowa Floods

A few parts of Cedar Rapids are still under water, at least last week they
were. Much of the town smells like a sewer. Most, if not all of the
houseboats on the Cedar River were caught up in the flood and got stuck
under the railroad bridge near the downtown area.
The city hall is situated on an island in the middle of the Cedar
River.............it was submerged. The town is still in a bad way. I've got
several friends that really had their houses messed up from that flood.
Power may or may not still be out in several parts of the city. I'll bet
that Alliant Energy is having a boatload of fun.

Pete

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:27:56 -0700, dogbertmcdoggles wrote:

Because the Federal government (specifically FEMA) is charged with the
responsibility to respond to major emergencies, and the Bush
Administration is the biggest band of incompetent screwups and negligent
idiots ever to mislead a country?

There is no excuse for this incompetence, either in Katrina, or the much
less severe Iowa flooding.

Incompetence has nothing to do with it. Race has nothing to do with it.
It's all about turning a purple state red.

Is Cedar Radids still under water?