Old July 15th 08, 08:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA Pete KE9OA is offline

Default How can I tell if mine works?

"dxAce" wrote in message
Always a keeper if properly maintained. The R8 series is great, but for
the
truly tough dx, the R7 is always in the stable here.

I'm currently making a 'target list' for stuff I want to do this upcoming
dx
season ( hey, it's summer, and I've got to cut the grass, and fool with
bankers)
when the static subsides and the frost sets in.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

The R7 is probably my favorite solid state receiver. Something about that
old time blue-green lighting. Just like the old magic eye tubes. I replaced
the burned out displays with the upgraded ones from Germany, and increased
the value of the current limiting resistors from 36 Ohms to 560 Ohms. This
thing should be running for a long time. It looks good next to the TR7.

Pete