Old July 15th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) California wildfires.

On Jun 25, 8:59*am, RHF wrote:
On Jun 25, 5:57*am, Dave wrote: wrote:
Lightning sparks 800 plus wildfires inCalifornia.
www.worldnetdaily.com

So,Californiadoesn't get Lightning?
Call up one of those tv stations over there and ask their weather people
about that Lightning Counter.

I believeCaliforniagets some Lightning every day.
cuhulin

- This ain't Mississippi, Jethro.
-*We go for years without thunderstorms sometimes.

- Dave - D'Oh !
-
- In California every Year during the Summer the
- Sierra Nevada Mountains get many Thunderstorms
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder...lightning.html
-
- About - Thunderstorms
- http://www.usatoday.com/weather/reso...nderstorms.htm
-
- as they say . . .
- and where there is thunder
- there is lightning ~RHF
- *.

Today I heard many Lightning Strikes on the Radio
that were happening along the Sierra Nevadas from
up at the Lake Tahoe; down to Mount Whitney; and
across to Mount Diablo.
http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/ge...getation_l.jpg

Never saw a Lightning Flash and did not Hear the
Clash of Thunder; but the Static Bursts [Crashes]
could be Heard on the Radio from the DX Lightning.

Dry Lightning Could Spark More Fires
http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp...av=menu612_2_9

Butte Lightning Complex
http://www.fire.ca.gov/index_incidents_butte.php
The Butte Lightning Complex currently consists
of 37 Fires. 5 Fires are still actively Burning.

Butte County, California
http://www.buttecounty.com/bcmaps.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butte_County,_California

Califonia Statewide Fire Map (Interactive Google Map)
http://www.oes.ca.gov/WebPage/oesweb...veMap?readForm
CAL FIRE - http://www.fire.ca.gov/index_incidents.php

Vaisala - Free Lightning Explorer
http://thunderstorm.vaisala.com/explorer.html