Old July 15th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default (OT) California wildfires.

bpnjensen wrote:
On Jul 15, 5:50 am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:59 am, RHF wrote:
Today I heard many Lightning Strikes on the Radio
that were happening along the Sierra Nevadas from
up at the Lake Tahoe; down to Mount Whitney; and
across to Mount Diablo.
http://www.sierranevadaphotos.com/ge...getation_l.jpg

I've been living in the Sierra Pelonas foothills for 10 years. The
thunderstorms have to dissipate all their energy to get over the
mountains. If they make it at all, there is no "storminess" left in
them. The storms generally stop at the San Andreas fault, as delineated
around here by Elizabeth Lake Rd. I get maybe 4-6" of rain a year,
except during El Nino.

Dave - California is a big place, and it is impossible to gauge the
amount of lightning statewide by your local experience.

My point exactly.