Old July 16th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default China Radio International

In article ,
Billy Burpelson wrote:

Mark Zenier wrote:
In article
, D
Peter Maus wrote:

One interesting advantage to an electric car, like
Tesla....there's no ignition system. So--is he...I think he
IS....YES, including RADIO CONTENT--dropping a rig like my Becker
2340 Mexico in the dash makes a lot of sense. AM/FM/SW in a
vehicle that is without most vehicle radio noise sources.

No ignition. Just a switching power supply controlling hundreds of
kilowatts.

D Peter Maus wrote:

Easier to filter than ignition noise.

Sounds backwards. Heavy current switchers are -notorious- for generating
interference. Also, any "brute force" filters you used would have to
withstand the heavy current. So, do you have any references as to why
the low voltage/high current case would be "easier" to filter? Quieting
down the switching of hundreds of amps is not the trivial case.

There is nothing worse than a spark Billy. Do some research on it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California