Old July 16th 08, 08:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] dogbertmcdoggles@gmail.com is offline

Default Antenna Down

On Jul 15, 5:57*pm, "Burr" wrote:
My antenna is down from high winds (longwire)

This gives a new meaning to "ground effects"

I'll try to get it backup when the storm passes. I have a backup in the
eves.

Burr's Radio Shack -http://tinyurl.com/3wuscn

Red Mountain, California / Bulacan, Philippines

Not sure if this applies in your case, but when one of my antennas
come down, I figure it's a good opportunity to try a new antenna out.

There are so many interesting options: loops, balanced dipoles,
verticals, slopers, etc. I'm playing with loops right now. If you
have three or more relatively separated trees (or one tall support and
ground tiedowns), this may be worth a look too.

Good luck getting some wire back in the air!