Old July 16th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default China Radio International

Dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:

The high voltage spark in a internal combustion engine is broadband
and it is very difficult to create a small RF current loop to prevent
radiation from it.

The point is that old diesels with mechanical injector pumps were quiet;
modern diesels (out of the box) are not.

Some of the most irritating sources of radio noise were old diesels.
They'd wipe out AM listening every time I passed one.

Diesels were never quiet. One was so bad it interfered with the AM in
our 59 Impala from St Louis to the Lake of the Ozarks. He stayed with us
the entire run, and we had no radio in the car for 4 1/2 hours. My
father was ready to climb out of is skin.