Old July 16th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Solar cycle: normal

Michael Coslo wrote:

When I was a kid, of course I didn't pay much attention. But as I
grew, I found that the answers were out there somewhere.We just had to
look for them. Even as a teenager, I wanted to look for the unfiltered
source for knowledge.

Most look at "the news" on tv/radio, I don't think the answers to their
questions are there. I don't think the news is responsible to
"Joe-Blow_Citizen"; I think "the news" is responsible to "the men with
the money." This is highly dangerous to over 99% of the citizens ...
"the truth" can be very difficult to find--when it has the potential to
threaten those in power ...

Anyway, we have another chance, in fact, multitude chances, to save
our civilization. But it will probably spring from technologies and
ways of thinking which we cannot even imagine presently.

I just don't think it will happen. I suspect the last humans' words will
be "We just didn't know!"

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

I agree with you here. Even if "the technologies" provide answers (and,
that is NOT on the horizon), our "public servants" (the president,
senators, congressmen, military, police, etc.) are bought and owned;
this is what has really brought on the problems you have named and those
which face us now, and in the foreseeable future. Until we have made
"them" responsible to us, with great penalties placed on "them" for
prostituting themselves for money, we will remain where we are ... the
man behind the curtain is pulling the strings and leavers.

Regards,
JS