Old July 16th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Antenna Down

On Jul 15, 5:57*pm, "Burr" wrote:
My antenna is down from high winds (longwire)

This gives a new meaning to "ground effects"

I'll try to get it backup when the storm passes. I have a backup in the
eves.

Burr's Radio Shack -http://tinyurl.com/3wuscn

Red Mountain, California / Bulacan, Philippines

Coax Cable + Matching Transformer + Insulated Antenna Wire

With Insulated Antenna Wire even if the Wire Antenna
Element is on the Ground the Antenna will still work
-provided-
The Coax Cable is OK
The Matching Transformer is OK
Some of the Insulated Antenna Wire is OK

With Insulated Antenna Wire if the Wire Antenna
Element breaks somewhere along the run : Take
the Broken End and Tape it and secure it; and
keep listening to your Radio. ~ RHF