Old July 17th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Antenna Down

dxAce wrote:

Burr wrote:

"Burr" wrote in message
m...
My antenna is down from high winds (longwire)

This gives a new meaning to "ground effects"

I'll try to get it backup when the storm passes. I have a backup in the
eves.

Good luck, thought it was gonna be a totally dry day here though it darn near
hit 90 and humid. Got some rain bearing down on me now:

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/ra...0.500&zoommode

The front went through and darn near blew me down. AM reception is coming back (WLS), and we did get some nice rain.

Lots of lightning still in the area.

Can't wait until there are some quieter conditions during dx season here.