Old July 17th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
hasan schiers hasan schiers is offline

Default ny area hidef antennas?

Jim-NN7K wrote:
ml wrote:
In article , ml
wrote:

hi

i was just wondering once nyc hits the deadline to switch
broadcasting to digital if the channals we use now
2-13vhf would continue specifically would other channals
in that range be avail like say ch6
or will it just be say one or more digital channals stuffed
into the same space now occupied by ch2 for example depending on
how cbs wants to do it

also here uhf 14- had really only a few channels that
were broadcasting should we expect many new channels to
be broadcating in that range or just mostly same

As I understand it-- there will be (more, or less), no TV signals in
the LOW vhf (Channel 2-6), there will be some in the High (Ch 7-13 vhf),
and the bulk of the NEW High Def stations will be in the uhf rangeCh 14,
and up.
BUT to complicate matters, there will be NO MAJOR changes to the
existing NTSC programming , on Cable. Also, IF you are receiveing
your broadcasts from TRANSLATORS, their NTSC, and Freq assignments
WILL NOT CHANGE! Someone into tv broadcasting can give you a better
Defination than I can. As for DTV, to NTSC converters, there is a
$40 Coupon (2 per family) available from

https://www.dtv2009.gov/ApplyCoupon.aspx

Jim- NN7K

That is NOT correct. our local ABC affiliate is currently on channel 56
UHF and will be reverting to channel 5 VHF in Feb 2009. (at least that's
what they are telling us)