Old July 18th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Bob Bob Bob is offline

Default 11 meter beam

Hi Richard

Isnt there a difference there? (I'll admit I dont think in these terms.
I use the actual pattern instead)

Isn't F/B a comparison of "forward" vs "backward" at the optimum/best
case "single angle" and Back Rejection (or some other name) the
comparison of all radiated power forward vs backwards?

Many parasitic designs end up with very good F/B but as soon as you go
off a few degrees a rearward lobe comes into play.

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

Richard Clark wrote:
What's the difference between FRONT TO BACK RATIO and BACK REJECTION?