Old July 19th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA Pete KE9OA is offline

Default How can I tell if mine works?

I understand what you mean, but the R7 can handle at least 1V of RF at the
antenna terminals berfore clipping of the I.F. system occurs. What this
means is that the R7 has no problem handling MW signals, even if you are "on
top" of the radio station.
About the only failures that occur are failure of the LED displays and
failure of the 24V power supply rail for the VCO tune voltage. Ok, these are
the main failures. You still have the oxidized Molex connectors.

Pete

"HF propagation" wrote in message
AM signals are too strong to set the RF gain at maximum ... just
wondering if his R7A is good, usually they last a long time if
maintained properly.