Old July 18th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Hunchy Hunchy is offline

Default Spectra question

Slightly off-topic, so I apologize. Please bear with me.

I have two UHF 110 watt Spectras, model T84FWA7HA9AK. Both make a loud
"pop" noise when mode is changed, when any other setting is changed, AND
when a signal is received. When the squelch opens...a loud pop...when the
squelch closes, same thing. This happens whether in the "Monitor" (PL) mode
or not.

Could this be a function of the dreaded capacitor problem I keep hearing
about? I looked on a couple of websites, and couldn't find this particular
malady.

If anyone has experienced this and can guide mw in the right direction, I
would appreciate it very much. Many thanks.

Please respond to: sx43ster at gmail dot com