Old July 19th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default KGED AM 1680 Proves 'Dwardo is Full of Crap

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

As for KGED, they have apparently been heard in South Africa, quite a
feat.

I was talking to my friend Pat Martin yesterday (a biggie in the DX
field),
and he told me about that. Apparently, KGED is using him for thier
reception
report manager. That is quite a feat, indeed. I have yet to hear anything
at
all in the X-band here in Korea.. but if I'm going to hear anything, it
would be a station like KGED. Maybe I'll go on a DX-pedition to the east
coast one of these days with my E1XM and Grundig Satellit 700.

Good luck! Here at least, in the heartland of the USA, TA/TP dx is pretty
much
non-existent other than the occasional het from Algeria or whatever.

The band of course is awash with signals, so it would be very interesting
from
some foreign land, especially if one understands English. A plethora of
stations
to spend a lifetime dx'ing.

I'm hoping that I can find a decent place to DX from. At this place, the
only US station I can hear is WWVH, and that only on rare occasions on 5 and
10 MHz. That, and occasional VOA signals, but I'm pretty sure those are
coming from a nearby relay.