Old July 19th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default KGED AM 1680 Proves 'Dwardo is Full of Crap

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:07:41 -0700, David Eduardo wrote:

The only problem is that there is an amazingly small part of the total
radio audience that uses AM at night. And, of itself, 7-Midnight
listening to radio is about a third of the daytime levels...

Radio audiences and radio advertising are all concentrated in the 6 AM
to 7 PM hours. Since radio is a business, we have to focus on the times
when some economic benefit can be derived, or we go out of business and
have to sell.

You said yourself you only survey people who live in metro areas, so how
can you speak with any kind of authority regarding how us hillbillies use
the radio?

I don't survey. Arbitron does. And if you are anywhere in LA County, you are
in a metro

Radio broadcasting is to serve the public interest, convenience and
necessity. If you can serve the public and make a few bucks on the side,
good for you.

Unfortunately, about half of all stations have not made money since the
50's.