Old July 19th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default 11 meter beam

David G. Nagel wrote:
Your are right in one sense, however the antenna's in question are, I
believe, USA products so it is fairly save to assume that the writer is
a USA resident.

I thought so, but sometimes the people asking are not. They only have
access to U.S. manufacturer's products and catalogs via web sites,
with no local dealers.

From your comments I assume (that word again) that you are a resident
of Israel. Given the situation there I can see why the government would
try to make it hard for someone to install and operate a radio station.

Well, actually it's not. The antenna restriction is because the
"cellphone towers will kill you" people have forced laws through to prevent
anyone setting up a radio transmitter in their neighborhood.

The morse code requirment is because the people who run the Israel equivalent
of the ARRL pushed the Minstry of Communications to keep it. It keeps out
new hams from foreign countries. I have no idea how they handle visiting
operators now.

I look forward to the day when everyone in the Mideast can live together
in peace and harmony.

Thanks,

Geoff.